MIDEA HEAT PUMPS & AIR CONDITIONING WARRANTY Warranty PDF
- PRIVATE DOMESTIC APPLICATIONS - 5 YEARS
- COMMERCIAL & RENTAL APPLICATIONS - 1 YEAR
That the appliance is free from defects in workmanship and material for the following periods from the date of purchase from MIDEA:
- (a) In the case of a private domestic use by the purchaser - 5 years.
- (b) In the case of use in rental properties or commercial/business premises - 1 year.
If the appliance fails during the warranty period MIDEA will, at its option, repair or replace the product.
This warranty covers only the individual named and the installation stated in the completed Warranty Information Form and cannot be transferred to a subsequent owner, location or address.
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to any other rights or remedies provided by New Zealand Law.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- 1. Damage caused by improper installation or improper connections.
- 2. Damage caused by an external electrical fault.
- 3. Damage caused by natural disasters, acts of God or war.
- 4. Damage caused by insects or vermin.
- 5. Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect (this includes failure to regularly care for and maintain the appliance as per MIDEA Air Conditioner User’s Manual).
- 6. Damage caused by corrosion through exposure to salt or sulphur in the air at high risk locations e.g. on the coast or in Rotorua.
- 7. Any failure as a result of the use of parts not supplied by MIDEA.
- 8. Any failure resulting from the use of the appliance outside recommended parameters (this includes using an appliance that is too small for the size of the room).
- 9. Any appliance that has been tampered with, repaired or modified by non-authorised personnel.
- 10. Any appliance that has had the serial number, rating plate, components or accessories altered, cancelled, removed, damaged, or rendered illegible.
- 11. Any costs incurred as a result of the appliance being installed in a restricted, unsafe or difficult to access location.
- 12. Travel and administrative charges.
THE OWNER MUST:
- 1. Ensure that the Warranty Information Form is completed by the installer.
- 2. Retain the purchase receipt and completed Warranty Information Form.
- 3. Operate and maintain the appliance in accordance with MIDEA Heat Pumps & Air Conditioner Owner’s Manual.
Before making a claim under this warranty please check the following:
- Power: Is the appliance properly plugged in and switched on? Is the power point working? You may need to replace a fuse or flick a switch on a circuit breaker.
- Batteries: Do batteries need replacing?
- Settings: Are all controls set correctly?
- Obstructions: Are there any obstructions e.g. any leaves, dust or other foreign objects blocking filters, vents, coils or drainage? Have you had the filters cleaned and checked regularly? Are any drainage pipes blocked?
- Relocation: Has the appliance been moved? (The warranty does not cover relocation).
- Installation: Was the appliance correctly installed? Was it installed by a qualified tradesperson? You should have an Electrical Certificate of Compliance issued by the electrician and the installer should hold a Refrigeration Licence and have filled in the Warranty Information Form.
- Warranty Information Form: Has the installer filled in the Warranty Information Form below? (It must be handed over when making a claim.)